A Very Dirty Carseat.

We were just given a really nice expensive used carseat - which was really generous of the family who gave it. But on closer inspection, I realized the poor seat had been seriously used and abused! There was everything stuffed inside - raisins, chocolate, french fries, dirt, sand, marker stains - and more sticky gross residue than I thought would EVER come off.


Many times I was tempted to just trash it, but I decided to give it one shot, and if it cleaned up then I would keep it. If not, then to the garbage it would go.


I had no idea if my green cleaning products would be able to cut through the stains and stickiness. I have a lot of confidence in my products, but this was something like I've never faced before. So we removed the cover and sprayed it down multiple times with an all-purpose solution of the basic-h, and used that for the body of the seat as well. I even used it on the straps, which I couldn't get off.


Then I washed the cover in laundry detergent and used the stain-remover. But there were SO MANY stains on there, and who knows how long they'd been there?


Well, I am VERY HAPPY to say that after some serious scrubbing and a run through the washer, the stains are GONE!! Marker stains, pen stains, all the food, all the stickiness - gone! It is now in my car and my son has already used it. It works perfectly, and is cleaner now than it has been for awhile!


So, thank you to the family who gave it to us, and thank you to Shaklee for cleaning it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are interested in more detailed information, please contact me...