Explanations and exposures...

I never knew that we were supposed to be EXTRA careful when it came to cleaning with multiple products. I never knew that I could be making a dangerous cloud of air simply by scrubbing my toilets, mirrors, and floors. I never learned that at home, or from school, or in science class... and of course I never read the bottle, because I never guessed anything like that could actually be harmful.

Come to think of it, I never really understood that simply breathing in bad substances could cause so much damage. That education came late to me, but better late than never!

I'm reading a book now, called Green Goes with Everything. In it, the author, Sloan Barnett,
gives fantastic explanations on the ingredients in cleaners, cosmetics, sprays, nail polishes... it is really an eye-opening book. It is highly researched and easy to read. She exposes a ton of information that really surprised me. I highly recommend it, if you are interested in these kinds of things. She also has a GREAT website: GreenGoesWithEverything.com where you can take a quiz to see how your house rates on a toxic level... the green lifestyle is looking and feeling and smelling better and better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are interested in more detailed information, please contact me...