Organic Lifestyle - Are You Kidding Me?

www.Enviroblog.org is proving to be a GREAT resource for the healthy lifestyle, and give timely "heads-up" information on what is out there, and what you should try to avoid. They post articles on all sorts of issues, and seem to have a good base for their research and for what they say. One such article I just found is on the importance of eating healthy during pregnancy. But they go farther and assert that organic are not just a nice option, but really an important lifestyle choice.

Now, let me say, when I first heard all this, a few things went through my mind:
-Organic? Where am I gonna find that? Why would I bother?
-Pay what? Are you kidding me? I'm doing fine with what I've already been doing.
-This is more of a 'healthy fanatic' viewpoint. I'm gonna stay 'middle-of-the-road' and not freak out about it.

Well, I've got to admit, the more I read and researched, the more interested I became. And slowly I started understanding the whys and hows, as well as the HUGE benefits of changing certain routines I had. And that's the hardest part, believe it or not. We are each used to a certain way, and to change that is to admit that somehow we were wrong or not well-informed in the first place. That's hard. I didn't like it. But... to be able to let go of habits simply because they are habits and change things up a little for the sake of our health and the health of those around us - doesn't turn out to be that hard...

Take a look at this video. I found it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are interested in more detailed information, please contact me...