Some Stats to consider...

  • According to a 15-year study presented at the Toronto Indoor Air Conference, women who work at home have a 54% higher death rate from cancer than those who work away from home. The study concluded that this was a direct result of the increased exposure to toxic chemicals, many of which are found in common household products.
  • More than 9 out of every 10 suspected poison exposures occur at home with household products.
  • The EPA says that only a fraction of the more than 75,000 registered chemicals have gone through testing for human health concerns.
When I heard all these things, and came to see the harm that common household cleaners were causing, I stopped using them immediately. But I didn't have any alternatives yet - I just stopped cleaning for a few days, until I got my hands on some non-toxic cleaners. To me, a dirty house was much better than a toxic one... thankfully we didn't have to wait long to begin using a safe alternative! ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are interested in more detailed information, please contact me...